How to Write A Good Used Bass Boat Classified Ad
When trying to sell your boat independently, advertising is critical. Creating the perfect bass boat ad is the first step in getting it out there. Some used bass boat buyers choose to purchase from a dealership because of a larger selection of boats and the feeling that they are getting a perfect boat. On the other hand, some buyers favor buying directly from other owners because these boats usually have lower price tags. Writing a good complete used bass boat for sale classified ad is very important. Consider the following tips for writing a good used bass boat classified ad.
- Take pictures when it is sunny out. Take plenty of pictures with some showing the whole boat and some showing close ups of different areas of the boat.
- Be descriptive. Have too much description rather than too little. The more you put in the ad the less the prospective buyer will have to ask you right away.
- Always describe items accurately and correctly.
- Be honest. Don’t waste your time or a buyer’s time by being evasive.
- Give any warranty information. Don’t forget warranties on electronics and electric motors. They may transfer and this is piece of mind.
- Disclose issues that might need fixing
- Set your negotiating terms. Be sure to mention if your price is firm. Ads normally use the following terms for pricing: Firm, OBO (or best offer), Negotiable or Must Sell.
- Explain why you’re selling the boat
Here is an example of a good used bass boat ad:
Below is a list of items that you might want to expand on if your boat for sale includes them. It’s pretty hard to put too much info, but it’s easy not to put enough so write all the details you can.
- Remaining engine and hull warranty information
- Dual or single console
- Hull colors
- Hours on engine
- Lighted compartments/livewells
- Recessed trolling motor tray
- Bow Protector
- Hot Foot
- Turn signal style Trim/Tilt
- Exact models of electronics at bow and console
- Trolling motor
- PowerPole or Talon included
- Battery Charger
- Batteries (Make and how old)
- Trailer tires (Make and how old or tread depth)
- Brakes on trailer
- Swing away tongue
- Radio / CD Player
- Boat Cover
- Extra seats